2.5in USB 3.0 External SATA III SSD Hard Drive Enclosure with UASP – Portable External HDD
Turn a 2.5” SATA Hard Drive or Solid State Drive into a UASP supported USB 3.0 External Hard Drive
Produkt ID: S2510BPU33
The S2510BPU33 USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure with UASP lets you connect a 2.5in SATA III hard drive (HDD) or solid state drive (SSD) through an available USB port. The enclosure delivers optimal performance with a USB 3.0 connection, but is backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1 host connections as well.
Enhanced with UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this 2.5" SATA III enclosure performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller. Using a more efficient protocol than the traditional USB BOT (Bulk-Only Transport), UASP reduces latency, significantly increasing transfer speeds and reducing processor usage to utilize the full potential of your SATA III hard drives. See our UASP testing results below for further details.
With support for SATA I/II/III, and large capacity drives (tested up to 1TB) this HDD enclosure is compatible with virtually any 2.5in SATA hard drive, and greatly increases the storage/backup capabilities of your computer.
For added portability the USB 3.0/SATA III enclosure features tool-less HDD installation, and requires no external power adapter.
To ensure compatibility with your computer system, the S2510BPU33 supports all of the leading operating systems, including: Microsoft Windows® (8/7/Vista/XP/Server 2008/Server 2003), Apple® OSX (10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6), Linux, and Google Chrome OS™.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, a UASP enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
Fördelarna med StarTech.com
- 70% Faster than traditional USB 3.0, with UASP Transfer Protocol
- Maximum portability, with USB powered enclosure and Tool-less HDD installation
Take advantage of new laptops and desktops with USB 3.0 connectivity
Create a fast, portable external storage solution for desktops, laptops or netbooks
Upgrade from a USB 2.0 drive enclosure to faster USB 3.0
Add-on extra storage to almost any USB enabled computer system
Back up important data to an external storage device
Share large files between computers quickly and securely without a network
Retrieve data from SATA drive, or turn the unused drive into additional external storage space
|Ingram Micro Sweden||V932814|
|Information om garanti|
|Chipset-ID||ASMedia - ASM1053|
|Maximal enhetskapacitet||Currently tested with up to 1TB 5400 RPM hard drives|
|Typ och hastighet||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Enhetskontakter||1 - SATA data- & ström-kombo (7+15-stifts)|
|Värdkontakter||1 - USB 3.0 Micro-B (10-stifts, SuperSpeed)|
|OS-kompatibilitet||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|System- och kabelkrav||Available USB port|
|LED-indikatorer||1 - Power & Activity|
|Power Source||Strömförsörjd via USB|
|Luftfuktighet||Operation Humidity: 10% ~ 90% RH
Storage Humidity: 5% ~ 95% RH
|Maximal enhetshöjd||9.5 mm [0.4 in]|
|Produktbredd||88 mm [3.5 in]|
|Produkthöjd||15 mm [0.6 in]|
|Produktlängd||131.9 mm [5.2 in]|
|Produktvikt||70.1 g [2.5 oz]|
|Fraktvikt (förpackning)||0.2 kg [0.4 lb]|
|Vad det är i lådan|
|Ingår i paketet||1 - 2.5" USB 3.0 to SATA III HDD Enclosure|
|1 - HDD Pad|
|1 - 18" USB 3.0 Cable|
|1 - Product Manual|
KompatibilitetSe alla kompatibla operativsystem
2,5" USB 3.0 extern SATA III SSD hårddiskkabinett i aluminium med UASP för SATA 6 Gbps - Bärbar extern HDD
Gör om en 2,5" SATA-hårddisk eller solid state-enhet till en USB 3.0 extern-hårddisk med stöd för UASP
Möjliggör snabb växlingsbar åtkomst till din 2,5 tums- eller 3,5 tums-hårddisk via USB 3.0
Anslut en extern hårddisk med USB 3.0 Micro USB till datorn
Connect a USB 3.0 Micro USB External Hard drive to your PC or laptop
Connect a USB 3.0 Micro USB External Hard drive to your computer
Lägg till två flush mount USB 3.0-portar till en ExpressCard-kompatibel bärbar dator
Lägg till en intern och en extern SuperSpeed USB 3.0 till din dator
Drivrutiner & hämtningsbara filer
Before You Buy
Hard drive enclosures require power from your system's USB port. Although you can plug in any standard SATA drive, USB ports only supply a limited amount of power and are not able to power all of the hard drives plugged into the system.
The power capabilities of the USB port combined with the power requirements of the attached hard drive will determine if the hard drive enclosure will work in your setup. The power (in mA) supplied by the USB port must be greater than the requirements of the hard drive.
A USB 2.0 port can supply a maximum of 500 mA (0.5 A), and a USB 3.0 port can supply a maximum of 900 mA (0.9 A).
You can usually find the power requirements of your hard drive in the technical specifications on the label of the hard drive or on the manufacturer's website.
To determine if your hard drive will work in this enclosure, on the product page, click the Technical Specifications tab, and do the following:
- Make sure that the enclosure supports the storage size of your hard drive. If the storage size of your hard drive is larger than what the enclosure was tested with, the hard drive will likely still work with the enclosure.
- Confirm that your hard drive uses the same interface type as the enclosure. For example, IDE, SATA, or M.2.
- Make sure that the enclosure supports the physical size of your hard drive, such as 2.5 inches or 3.5 inches.
- Make sure that the enclosure supports the height of your hard drive. For example, 9 mm or 15 mm.
- Verify that the power consumption of your hard drive doesn’t exceed the power output of the enclosure. If you’re using multiple hard drives, make sure that the combined power consumption of all of the hard drives doesn’t exceed the power output of the enclosure.
To confirm that the Mac OS detects your USB device, complete the following:
- Click the Apple icon.
- Click About This Mac.
- Click More Info or System Report.
- Under the appropriate heading, confirm that your USB device is listed and that there isn't an error. For example, a network card would be under Ethernet Cards.
You may need to refresh the System Information page after you plug in your device. To do so, press Command + R with the System Information page open.
Your USB device is listed according to the name of the chipset. To determine the name of the chipset of your USB device, navigate to www.StarTech.com and look on the Technical Specifications tab for your product.
When you troubleshoot issues with a hard drive enclosure, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
- Hard drives
- Hard drive enclosure
To test your setup components, try the following:
- Use the cables, hard drives, and hard drive enclosure in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
- Use a different cable, hard drive, and hard drive enclosure in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard drive and hard drive enclosure, it is recommended that you do the following:
- To check Disk Management, press the Windows key + R, type diskmgmt.msc, and press Enter. Check to see if your hard drive is listed.
- If the hard drive is listed with unallocated space, the hard drive needs to be reformatted. Right-click unallocated and click New Simple Volume. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reformatting.
Note: Formatting a hard drive erases all of the data on it. Make sure that you back up all of your data before you reformat the hard drive.
- If the hard drive is listed as healthy but does not have a drive letter, for example, C:, right-click healthy and click Change Drive Letter and Paths. Click Add, assign a drive letter, and click OK.
Note: A formatted hard drive will not show up in Computer or My Computer until it has a drive letter assigned to it.
* Produkters utseende och specifikationer kan komma att ändras utan förvarning.