How do I install my USB laptop docking station in Windows XP? (.exe method)
Note: Do not physically connect the USB laptop docking station to your computer until instructed to (Step 6).
- Log in to the computer as the local administrator.
- Download the latest drivers from the StarTech.com website (http://www.startech.com/Support). You can find the part number and product ID on the product’s packaging.
Note: Windows typically saves the files to the Downloads folder associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads.
- Once the download is complete, extract the files from the zip file. (Right-click the DisplayLink.zip file, select Extract All and follow the on-screen instructions.)
- Select the appropriate folder for your operating system.
- Double-click Setup.exe.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the device drivers and software. Restart the computer either when prompted, or when the installer disappears.
- Once Windows has restarted, connect the USB laptop docking station to your computer.
- Your computer will automatically complete the driver installation.
Note: Installation may take several seconds to complete. During the installation your display may flicker. This is normal. Once the installation has completed you will see your Windows desktop extended to the additional monitor.