12in 22 Pin SATA Power and Data Extension Cable
Extend SATA Power and Data Connections by up to 1ft
Product ID: SATA22PEXT
This 12-inch, 22-Pin SATA22PEXT SATA Power and Data Extension Cable enables you to extend the reach between internal SATA power and data connections and a SATA hard drive by up to 1ft.
The extension simplifies drive installation by overcoming typical connection limitations, and it reduces the risk of damage to the drive or motherboard SATA connectors by eliminating the need to strain or stretch the cable in order to make the necessary data connection.
- Creates flexibility when building or upgrading systems
- Extend backplane adapter connections
- Extend Drive Dock connections
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Extend the reach of your SATA hard drive connection by up to 1ft
- Eliminates the need to bend or strain the cable to account for a lack of space
- Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty
Ingram Micro Australia
|Cable Jacket Type||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Type and Rate||SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Connector A||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Connector B||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Plug|
|Operating Temperature||-20° to 60° C|
|Storage Temperature||-20° to 60° C|
|Cable Length||12 in [304.8 mm]|
|Product Length||12 in [304.8 mm]|
|Product Weight||1.4 oz [39 g]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.6 oz [44 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 12in 22 Pin SATA Power and Data Extension Cable|
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with a SATA cable, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
Hard disk drive
Hard drive controller (for example, motherboard)
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable, it is recommended that you do the following:
Make sure that the hard drive is spinning without the SATA cable attached. The power cable should make the drive spin if it is a mechanical drive and not a solid state drive.
If your operating system is not detecting the hard disk drive, make sure that the drive is formatted with a partition (for example, NTFS or FAT32). If you are using a computer running a version of Windows, a drive letter must also be assigned to the hard disk drive.
For more information about how to initialize a drive, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=hard-drives#initialize-hard-drives.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.