4 Bay Aluminum Trayless Hot Swap Mobile Rack Backplane for 3.5in SAS II/SATA III - 6 Gbps HDD
Connect and hot swap four 3.5in SATA III or SAS II hard drives to your computer system in three 5.25” bays, with support for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps
Product ID: HSB4SATSASBA
The HSB4SATSASBA Removable 4-drive Backplane makes inserting and removing drives fast and easy, by turning three 5.25" bays into a hot-swappable interface for up to four 3.5” SATA or SAS hard drives (HDD).
For added versatility, the hot swap bay can interface with SATA I/II/III and SAS I/II hard drives -- an ideal solution for enterprise system applications.
For a quick and secure method of installing and removing drives, the backplane features ejection levers and a key-lock design. To help prevent drive failure, the bay provides drive cooling with a built-in fan and excellent heat dissipation with a vented aluminum enclosure.
The HSB4SATSASBA is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Imaging - for new system builds or configurations, use the hot swap bay in your master system to quickly copy the Windows OS to multiple blank hard drives
- Add a hot-swap bay to a server or workstation computer that you can use as a removable backup solution
- IT environments where you need to quickly insert/replace hard drives with no external HDD enclosure required
- Onsite data backup as a secure alternative to cloud storage
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Delivers peak drive performance, with support for full SATA III/SAS II data transfer speeds up to 6Gbps
- Flexible drive options with support for both SATA and SAS drive interfaces
- Helps maintain ideal drive operating temperatures by maximizing heat dissipation and expelling built-up heat, with a vented aluminum housing and built-in fan
Ingram Micro Australia
|Compatible Drive Types||SAS & SATA|
|Fan Bearing Type||Sleeve Bearing|
|Fans||1 - 70 mm|
|Front Door Key Lock||Yes|
|Number of Drives||4|
|Number of internal 3.5 inch bays||4|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with up to 6TB 7200 RPM hard drives|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||6 Gbit/s|
|Drive Connectors||4 - SFF-8482 (29 pin, Data & Power, Internal SAS) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||2 - SATA Power (15 pin) Receptacle|
|4 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Receptacle|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Flammability rating: UL94 - V0|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power LED|
|1 - Drive 1 Activity LED|
|1 - Drive 2 Activity LED|
|1 - Drive 3 Activity LED|
|1 - Drive 4 Activity LED|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 55°C (23°F to 95°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 122°F)|
|Product Height||5 in [12.6 cm]|
|Product Length||7.8 in [19.7 cm]|
|Product Width||5.7 in [14.6 cm]|
|Weight of Product||2.8 lb [1.3 kg]|
|Package Height||7.1 in [18 cm]|
|Package Length||6.5 in [16.4 cm]|
|Package Width||10 in [25.4 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||3.5 lb [1.6 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 4 Drive Trayless 3.5in SATA/SAS Mobile Rack|
|8 - Installation screws|
|2 - Drive bay keys|
|4 - SATA cables|
|1 - Instruction manual|
Easy, trayless removal and insertion of dual 2.5in SATA hard drives from single 3.5in bay
Hot-swap any 3.5in SATA hard drive easily from any computer with a 5.25in bay
Easily connect and hot swap up to three 3.5” SATA/SAS hard drives from two 5.25” bays
SATA hard drive cable, with latching SATA connectors, for securely fastened hard drive installations.
A space-saving, latching right angle SATA hard drive cable, for installations in tight spaces.
Connect latching SATA drives while helping to ensure optimal airflow throughout a desktop or server case
Power two SATA drives from a single LP4 power supply connector
Power two SATA drives from a single LP4 power supply connector.
Add an extra SATA power outlet to your PC Power Supply
Power a Serial ATA hard drive from a conventional LP4 power supply connection
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this mobile rack does support hot-swapping of SATA drives. To use this feature, it is required that the SATA port is set to Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) mode and hot-swapping is enabled. On most motherboards, this is performed within the Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) or the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI). If you are using a SATA controller card, consult the motherboard manufacturer's technical documentation for the correct steps to accomplish this.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.