1:1 Standalone Hard Drive Duplicator and Eraser for 2.5" / 3.5" SATA and SAS Drives
Easily clone or erase SATA and SAS drives, without having to connect to a computer
Product ID: SATSASDUPE11
- Duplicates and erases 2.5 in. and 3.5 in. SSDs/HDDs, both SATA and SAS drives
- Erase up to 2 drives with choice of 6 modes: Quick Erase, Secure Erase, 1-Pass Overwrite, 3-Pass Overwrite (DoD), 3-Pass Erase and Compare, and 7-Pass Overwrite
- Features four copying modes: System and File, All Partitions, Sector-by-Sector (Whole Drive), and Percentage Copy
This standalone drive duplicator and eraser supports both SATA and SAS drives, making it a great fit for enterprise storage and data center applications. Compatible with 2.5” and 3.5” drive form factors, it provides a versatile and cost-effective drive management solution.
High-speed drive duplication
With the drive duplicator, you can clone SATA or SAS drives 1:1 at speeds of up to 13 GB per minute. It provides IT professionals and system administrators with a powerful tool to effectively manage drives for backend server infrastructure or drives distributed to organizational employees. It contributes to a more efficient workflow by enabling completion of duplication tasks without the use of a computer or software. You can quickly back up and archive data, duplicate data for disk imaging, or transfer content to additional drives for office professionals, medical staff, government personnel, or other employees.
The drive cloner/eraser provides four duplication modes including System and File, All Partitions, Sector-by-Sector (Whole Drive), and Percentage Copy.
Multiple erase modes - with real-time erase confirmation
Erase SATA or SAS drives with ease, without a host computer. As a drive eraser, the SATSASDUPE11 can erase two drives simultaneously and gives you a choice of six erase modes including Quick Erase, Secure Erase, 1-Pass Overwrite, 3-Pass Overwrite (DoD), 3-Pass Erase and Compare, and 7-Pass Overwrite.
The multiple erasure modes give you the assurance that data can be securely erased when repurposing drives. This alleviates concerns over privacy-related issues when erasing sensitive data, important to many professional offices such as medical, legal and accounting firms.
The drive eraser also enables you to keep a record of completed erase jobs, with built-in erasure logging, for auditing purposes. It connects to an RS232 serial printer to print a record of the erase procedure and confirm that the erase has been successfully completed. The printed receipt clearly shows you the time and date of erase, as well as the erase mode used.
Designed for ease of use and portability
The drive duplicator and eraser provides IT professionals with an easy-to-use solution in an office or server environment. It offers convenient menu navigation buttons and a built-in LCD display that clearly identifies the duplication or erase mode and task status. Since it is OS independent, no software or drivers are required.
Its standalone operation provides quick setup, without having to connect to a computer. You can easily transfer the device from room to room, to work on drives in different locations.
The SATSASDUPE11 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Enhances drive management in enterprise storage and data center applications
Ideal for IT professionals and system administrators who need quick access to files to back up and archive data, duplicate data for disk imaging, or transfer content to additional drives
Confidently erase sensitive or confidential information - ideal for companies and organizations with privacy-related issues, such as legal and medical information
Securely erase data to repurpose SSDs or HDDs
|Ingram Micro UK||V933829|
|Chipset ID||Xilinx - SPARTAN-6|
|Compatible Drive Types||SAS & SATA|
|Drive Size||2.5in & 3.5in|
|Number of Drives||2|
|Duplication Modes||System and File|
|Sector by Sector (Whole Drive)|
|Erase Modes||Quick Erase|
|Secure Erase (NIST SP 800-88 Rev 1 - Purge)|
|1-Pass Overwrite (NIST SP 800-88 Rev 1 - Clear)|
|3-Pass Erase and Compare|
|Drive Connectors||2 - SFF-8482 (29 pin, Data & Power, Internal SAS)|
|Other Interface(s)||1 - DB 9-pin Serial Male|
|1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Receipt printing through the RS232 serial port requires a printer which supports the ESC/P printer control language.|
|LED Indicators||2 - Power|
|2 - Pass|
|2 - Fail|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Voltage||110V-240V AC|
|Output Voltage||12 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||90|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Humidity||20% ~ 80%|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 45°C (41°F to 113°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 85°C (-4°F to 185°F)|
|Product Height||35 mm [1.4 in]|
|Product Length||194 mm [7.6 in]|
|Product Weight||0.7 kg [1.5 lb]|
|Product Width||90 mm [3.5 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||2.4 kg [5.3 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - SATA/SAS duplicator and eraser|
|1 - universal power adapter (NA/JP, UK, EU, ANZ)|
|2 - drive-connector cables|
|2 - drive pads|
|1 - quick-start guide|
Duplicate or erase a USB flash drive or a SATA SSD/HDD, with 1:1 and cross-interface duplication
22+ In stock
Securely erase a SATA HDD/SSD without a host device, or dock your drive for easy access
15+ In stock
Duplicate a 2.5 in. or 3.5 in. SATA drive to five drives simultaneously, or dock the source drive or the five target drives to a computer through USB 3.0 or eSATA
6+ In stock
eSATA / USB 3.0 Hard Drive Duplicator Dock – Standalone HDD Cloner with SATA 6Gbps for fast-speed duplication
Clone a 2.5in/3.5in SATA drive without a host computer connection, or dock the drives over USB 3.0 or eSATA for easy access
154+ In stock
Clone a 2.5in/3.5in SATA drive without a host computer connection, or dock the drives over USB 3.0 for easy access
1070+ In stock
Clone or Erase 2.5in/3.5in SATA hard drives, without a host computer connection
USB Cloner | 1.5GB per minute | USB 2.0 | TAA Compliant
52+ In stock
Duplicate one SATA Hard Drive onto three Hard Drives simultaneously
22+ In stock
Duplicate one 2.5/3.5” hard drive to another without connecting to a computer, or backup multiple drive images to a library drive to restore PC/Server images easily
22+ In stock
Clone any combination of 2.5in or 3.5in IDE or SATA hard drives
Convert an mSATA mini-SSD into a Standard 2.5in SATA SSD
62+ In stock
Use your 2.5in or 3.5in IDE hard drives in a SATA HDD Docking Station
368+ In stock
Turn Virtually any 2.5" SATA or SAS Hard Drive into a 3.5" SATA Drive
525+ In stock
Provides safe handling and anti-static protection for most 2.5in hard drives
33+ In stock
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 2.5in hard drive
1111+ In stock
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 3.5in hard drive
936+ In stock
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
No. StarTech.com drive duplicators perform a sector-by-sector copy, which means that the target drive must have the same sector size as the drive that is being copied. Source and destination drives must also have the same logical and physical sector size. This means 512n (512 native) and 512e (512 emulated) drives cannot be duplicated to 4Kn (4K native) drives, or vice versa.
Note: An exception to this guideline is that 512n (512 native) drives can be duplicated to 512e (512 emulated) drives, or vice versa, because the logical sector sizes are the same.
StarTech.com hard drive and flash drive duplicators perform a sector by sector copy, which means that the target drive must be the exact same size (down to the sector) or larger than the hard drive or flash drive that is being copied. During a sector by sector copy, each individual sector is copied over to the target drive, regardless of whether or not any data is present. A 500 GB hard drive with 50 GB of data on it will take the same amount of time to copy as a 500 GB hard drive with 450 GB of data on it.
If you have two hard drives or flash drives that are listed as the same size but are different makes or models, you need to check how large both drives are down to the sector to ensure that the target drive is is the exact same size or larger.
Solid-state drives (SSDs) use SATA connectors to access power and transfer data. Any duplicator that can copy to or from SATA hard drives will work with a StarTech.com duplicator.
Note: If you use a dock to duplicate SSDs, keep in mind that the StarTech.com disk duplicators execute a sector by sector read and write. SSDs are rated by a number of reads and writes. Repeated duplication and sector by sector reads and writes of SSDs can reduce the life cycle of the drive.
StarTech.com duplicators were not designed to recover failing or damaged drives. If the duplicator encounters a corrupt or unreadable sector, the duplication halts and fails.
SATDOCK4U3RE, SATDUP13 ,and UNIDUPDOCK all include a function that allows the duplicators to skip over corrupt or unreadable sectors. However, if the duplicators encounter too many errors, they still halt and fail. If this happens, you will need third-party recovery software or custom-built recovery hardware to copy from a failing or damaged drive.
To determine if your hard drive will work in this device, on the product page, click the Technical Specifications tab, and do the following:
- Make sure that the device supports the storage size of your hard drive. If the storage size of your hard drive is larger than what the device was tested with, the hard drive will likely still work with the enclosure.
- Confirm that your hard drive uses the same interface type as the device. For example, IDE, SATA, or M.2.
- Make sure that the device supports the physical size of your hard drive, such as 2.5 inches or 3.5 inches.
- Verify that the power consumption of your hard drive doesn’t exceed the power output of the device. If you’re using multiple hard drives, make sure that the combined power consumption of all of the hard drives doesn’t exceed the power output of the docking station.
When you troubleshoot issues with a hard drive dock or duplicator, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
- IDE, SATA, and eSATA cables
- Hard drives
- Hard drive dock or duplicator
To test your setup components, try the following:
- Use the cables, hard drives, and hard drive dock or duplicator in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
- Use a different cable, hard drive, and hard drive dock or duplicator in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard drive and hard drive dock or duplicator, it is recommended that you do the following:
Note: For a hard drive duplicator you may need to switch the device to PC mode (if available).
- To check Disk Management, press the Windows key + R, type diskmgmt.msc, and press Enter. Check to see if your hard drive is listed.
- Do one of the following:
- If the hard drive is listed with unallocated space, the hard drive needs to be reformatted. Right-click unallocated and click New Simple Volume. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reformatting.
Note: Formatting a hard drive erases all of the data on it. Make sure that you back up all of your data before you reformat the hard drive.
- If the hard drive is listed as healthy but does not have a drive letter, for example, C:, right-click healthy and click Change Drive Letter and Paths. Click Add, assign a drive letter, and click OK.
Note: A formatted hard drive will not show up in Computer or My Computer until it has a drive letter assigned to it.
You do not need to format your target hard drive before you begin to duplicate it, because the target hard drive is automatically overwritten during the duplication process.
The hard drive duplicator copies the exact partition from the source drive to the target drive. Since it is required that you use a target drive that is equal or larger in size than the source drive a portion of the target drive appears as free space. You can append free space to the live partition on the target drive so that the full size of the drive can be utilized.
Note: A partition cannot be extended on an operating system drive that is in use. You must extend the partition when it not being used by the operating system, and ideally when it is still connected to the duplicator.
Extend a partition on a computer running Windows
Note: Do not extend a System Reserved partition. Only extend the primary partition, which is typically the largest in size and formatted with NTFS or FAT32.
After you have successfully duplicated a drive and the target drive is still connected to your computer system (for example, through the duplicator), complete the following:
- Press the Windows key + R.
- Type compmgmt.msc and click Ok.
- In Computer Management, on the left side of the screen, click Disk Management.
- Find the target drive. It will most likely be at the bottom of the list, have a partition that is the same size as the source drive, and have an unallocated area on the drive.
- On the target drive, right-click the last partition on the right side of the screen and click Extend Volume.
- In the Extend Volume wizard, click Next. By default, the remaining drive area is the amount of space used.
- Click Next > Finish.
The primary partition on the drive now uses the entire drive area.
StarTech.com hard drive duplicators only read from the source drive and only write to the target drives while in standalone duplication mode . A duplication that fails or halts will not cause a problem with the source drive.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Customer Reviews(0 reviews)
0 out of 5 stars
Quality of Product
Tell us what you think of this product.
Need a little help getting started? Check out our review guidelines.
1:1 Standalone Hard Drive Duplicator and Eraser for 2.5" / 3.5" SATA and SAS Drives
Product ID: SATSASDUPE11