I have installed my FireWire card but it isn’t working. What do I do?
If the FireWire card doesn't function after it has been physically installed in the computer, install the legacy FireWire driver. To install the legacy driver, complete the following:
- Press the Windows key + R.
- Enter devmgmt.msc.
- Click OK.
- In Device Manager, expand IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers.
- Right-click on 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller.
- Click Update Driver Software.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Click 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy).
- Click Next.
- When Windows has finished installing the driver, click Close.