Thunderbolt 3 to eSATA Adapter + USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Port - Mac / Windows
Add an eSATA port and a USB 3.1 Gen 2 hub port to your Thunderbolt™ 3 enabled laptop, tablet or other device
Product ID: TB3ESATU31
- Provides one eSATA (6Gbps) and one USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Type-A port connection through a single Thunderbolt 3 port
- Compatible with both MacBook Pro and Windows laptops; requires a 15W Thunderbolt 3 port
- Supports Thunderbolt 3, with two dedicated PCI Express lanes (one per port)
This Thunderbolt™ 3 to eSATA and USB 3.1 adapter lets you expand the connectivity of your Mac or PC laptop, by adding two essential ports. Simply connect it to the Thunderbolt 3 port on your laptop to provide an eSATA port and a USB 3.1 (10Gbps) port. Compact and portable, it’s the perfect companion for your MacBook Pro or any other Thunderbolt 3 equipped laptop.
Connect to your existing eSATA devices
Extend the life of your external storage devices. Using the adapter's eSATA port, simply connect an eSATA-equipped external hard drive, solid-state drive or external enclosure.
Connect to USB 3.1 (10Gbps) devices
The adapter lets you add any USB 3.1 or USB 3.0 device, such as an external hard drive, SSD or flash drive. It’s also backward compatible with USB 2.0 devices.
Fast, reliable performance
Leverage your Thunderbolt 3 port to create a high-speed solution that offers both eSATA and USB 3.1 connectivity. To maximize performance efficiency, two dedicated lanes connect the Thunderbolt adapter directly to your system PCIe bus. Both ports on the adapter deliver full bandwidth, so you avoid performance bottlenecks when the two ports are in use.
Its compact and durable housing makes the adapter ideal for portable use. It requires no external power, and features an integrated Thunderbolt cable. Setting the adapter up is easy, with plug-and-play installation.
The TB3ESATU31 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Add two essential connectivity ports to your Thunderbolt equipped MacBook Pro or Windows based laptop
- Connect an eSATA-equipped external hard drive, solid-state drive or external enclosure to your laptop, through a Thunderbolt port
- Add an extra USB 3.1 (10Gbps) port to connect your peripherals in the office, at home or while traveling
- Perfect for use with your MacBook or laptop in a shared workspace or hot desk environment
Ingram Micro Australia
|Bus Type||Thunderbolt 3|
|Chipset ID||Intel - Alpine Ridge (Thunderbolt)
ASMedia - ASM1061 (eSATA)
|USB 3.1 Gen 2|
|Port Style||Dongle (Included)|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||20 Gbps (Thunderbolt)
6 Gbps (eSATA)
10 Gbps (USB 3.1 Gen 2)
|Number of Drives Supported Through Port Multiplier||1 to 4|
|Type and Rate||Thunderbolt 3 - 20 Gbit/s|
|SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - Thunderbolt™ 3 USB-C (24-pin) (40Gbps) Male|
|1 - eSATA (7 pin, Data) Female|
|1 - USB 3.1 USB Type-A (9 pin, Gen 2, 10 Gbps) Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Mac OS® 10.12, 10.13, 10.14, 10.15
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Requires a laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port with 15W of power.|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 85°C (-4°F to 185°F)|
|Cable Length||6.3 in [160 mm]|
|Color||Black & Silver|
|Product Height||0.8 in [2.1 cm]|
|Product Length||9.4 in [24 cm]|
|Product Width||2 in [52 mm]|
|Weight of Product||1.8 oz [50 g]|
|Package Height||1.2 in [30 mm]|
|Package Length||6.7 in [17 cm]|
|Package Width||5.6 in [14.2 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||5.3 oz [150 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Thunderbolt 3 adapter|
|1 - instruction manual|
Mac OS® 10.12, 10.13, 10.14, 10.15
- [Asmedia ASM106x] Windows eSATA Adapter.zip Version: 3.3.2
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.