2-to-1 RJ45 Splitter Cable Adapter - F/M
Connect two 10/100 Ethernet devices to a single Cat5/Cat5e cable drop
Product ID: RJ45SPLITTER
The RJ45SPLITTER 2-to-1 RJ45 Splitter Cable Adapter increases the number of RJ45 network connections on an RJ45 outlet, allowing two 10/100 Ethernet signals through a single Cat5/Cat5e wire.
On one end of the installation the splitter enables you to connect two patch cables from a hub or switch to a single port on a patch panel; while on the other end of the installation the splitter connects to a single Cat5/Cat5e network drop through a wall outlet which can then be split and connected to two separate devices. The patch panel and wall outlet are connected through a single Cat5/Cat5e cable.
Designed and constructed for maximum durability, this Ethernet Splitter Cable is backed by StarTech.com's Lifetime Warranty.
- Allows two 10/100 Ethernet signals through a single Cat 5/5e wire
- Cannot be used to share a single network line with two computers - use a hub instead
- Ideal for 10/100Mbps Ethernet application (Not suitable for Gigabit network (1000Mbps)
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Combine two cables into one RJ45 Wall outlet, and then split one Cat5/Cat5e line back out to two devices, using an RJ45SPLITTER at both ends of the installation
- Guaranteed reliability
Ingram Micro Peru
|Cable Jacket Type||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Number of Conductors||8|
|Connector A||1 - RJ-45 Male|
|Connector B||2 - RJ-45 Female|
|Cable Length||13 in [330 mm]|
|Product Length||13 in [330 mm]|
|Weight of Product||0.7 oz [21 g]|
|Wire Gauge||24 AWG|
|Package Height||1.2 in [30 mm]|
|Package Length||8.7 in [22 cm]|
|Package Width||7.9 in [20 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.1 oz [30 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 2-to-1 RJ45 Splitter Cable Adapter - F/M|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
This product does not split one network signal into two signals (like a two-port switch). Instead, it is meant to be used in pairs. You can use this cable when there is only one Ethernet run between locations, with two devices on the destination side and two Ethernet ports on the source side.
This cable cannot be used as an Ethernet splitter to get two ports when there is only one available at the source. In this case, only one Ethernet port will be functional.
If more than one Ethernet port is required at a location, the best solution is to use an Ethernet switch.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.