MSA Uncoded SFP Module - 1000BASE-SX - 1GbE Multi Mode Fiber (MMF) Optic Transceiver - 1GE Gigabit Ethernet SFP - LC 550m - 850nm - DDM
1000 Mbps (1 Gbps) | Multi Mode Fiber | LC | 550 m (1804 ft) | Lifetime Warranty
Product ID: SFP1000SXST
- 100% MSA UNCODED SFP TRANSCEIVER: Designed, programmed and tested to work with compatible MSA Compliant switches and routers to deliver dependable 1GbE connectivity
- TECHNICAL SPECS: 1000BASE-SX | 1Gbps | Multi Mode (MMF) | LC Connector | 850nm | Digital Diagnostic Monitoring (DDM) | Distances up to 550m (1804ft)
- TESTED FOR COMPATIBILITY: Hot-swappable in MSA Compliant routers and switches; DDM support reports the transceiver's status to most SNMP network management tools.
The SFP1000SXST is an MSA compliant fiber SFP transceiver that’s designed, programmed and tested to work with 1000BASE-SX compatible MSA switches and routers. The SFP transceiver module supports a maximum distance of up to 550 m (1804 ft) and delivers dependable 1 GbE connectivity over fiber cabling.Technical Specifications:
- Wavelength: 850nm
- Maximum Data Transfer Rate: 1.25 Gbps
- Type: Multi Mode Fiber
- Connection Type: LC Connector
- Maximum Transfer Distance: 550 m (1804 ft)
- Power Consumption: Less than 1 Watt
- DDM: Yes
This SFP fiber module is hot-swappable, making upgrades and replacements seamless by minimizing network disruptions.
All StarTech.com SFP & SFP+ transceiver modules are backed by a lifetime warranty and free lifetime multilingual technical support. StarTech.com offers a wide variety of SFP modules and direct-attach SFP Cables, providing the convenience and reliability you need to ensure dependable network performance.
Ingram Micro Peru
|Compatible Brand||MSA Compliant|
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3z 1000BASE-SX|
|Compatible Networks||1000 Mbps (1 Gbps)|
|Fiber Operating Mode||Full-Duplex|
|Max Transfer Distance||550 m (1804 ft)|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||1.25 Gbps|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - Fiber Optic LC Duplex Female|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||< 1 W|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F)|
|Product Height||0.5 in [1.3 cm]|
|Product Length||2.3 in [58.4 mm]|
|Product Width||0.5 in [13.9 mm]|
|Weight of Product||0.8 oz [23 g]|
|Package Height||1.2 in [30 mm]|
|Package Length||4.7 in [12 cm]|
|Package Width||3.5 in [90 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.9 oz [53 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - SFP transceiver|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
SFP fiber transceivers (mini-GBIC) are specific to applications and therefore, you need to select the correct fiber transceiver for your application. StarTech.com offers a few types of fiber transceivers: Cisco®, Cisco Meraki®, HP®, and Juniper® compatible, as well as standard gigabit SFP converters. Although the transceivers may be referred to as GBIC or mini-GBIC, the correct terminology for the device is small form-factor pluggable transceiver or SFP . StarTech.com does not carry GBIC converters.
If your device is not a Cisco device, it can still use Cisco compatible SFPs. Cisco SFPs are specifically coded to be compatible with Cisco devices. A standard SFP will not work in a Cisco device.
StarTech.com offers two different output connector types for SFPs: RJ-45 and fiber.
No special requirements are necessary to use RJ-45 SFPs. However, if you use fiber transceivers, the following items need to be the same as the interconnecting equipment:
The connector type, such as LC, SC, or ST.
The mode (single mode or multi mode).
The wavelength, such as 850 nm, 1310 nm, or 1550 nm.
The DDM support.
The speed, such as 10Gbps.
Note: The properties listed above cannot be converted or changed by a cable, excluding the connector type.
Ensure the Network Device is running a compatible Firmware Version on a compatible Operating System. Please consult the manufacturer of the Network Device for more information regarding the minimum required or recommended system software.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.